Admission Rules & Regulations
General Guidelines for Admission to Bachelor’s Degree
- Admission to various classes will be made on the recommendation of the admission committee constituted for the purpose.
- Any gap of one year or more in the academic career of an applicant just prior to seeking admission to the Bachelor degree must be supported by documentary evidence/affidavit as the proof of his/her activities during the period of gap. Submission of false affidavit is a legal offence.
- The application must be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and should be complete in all respects and supported by following documents:
- Attested copy of Matriculation Certificate.
- Attested copy of Detailed Marks Card of the previous examination passed.
- Character Certificate in original from the institution last attended or by some Gazetted class-I officer of H.P. Government.
- Attested copy of certificate for which benefit is claimed (SC/ST/OBC, etc.)
- An applicant must produce original certificates at the time of admission before admission committee.
- Applicants coming from Boards/Universities other than the H.P. Board of School Education/H.P. University must provide Migration Certificate in original.
- Handicapped applicants seeking fee concession must furnish their status certificate from Medical Board.
- Any applicant may seek admission without late fee within 10 days after the declaration of general result by H.P. Board of School Education/H.P. University.
- National Open School students seeking admission to the Ist year of Bachelor degree must have cleared all the five papers including English.
- Students who wish to appear in private capacity with Practical subjects i.e. Music, Geography and Mathematics are required to seek prior permission of the college Principal. Further they have to attend 75% of the practical classes and pay the requisite practical fees for the whole session.
- Failed students of other institutions shall not be admitted to any class.
- No student, who fails in all subjects, fails twice in the same class or fails in B.A. III / B.Com. III shall be eligible to seek admission in the college.
- Admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled in case he/she furnishes incomplete/false information or in case of concealment of facts. Disciplinary action will also be taken against such candidates.
- Admission cannot be claimed as a matter of right. The Principal can deny admission to any such student whose conduct is detrimental to the interest/discipline of the institution.
- Initially all admissions shall be provisional and subject to the final approval by H.P.U.
- Rules of admission are subject to change as per the H.P. University notification issued from time to time.
- Candidates coming from Board/University other than H.P. Board of School Education/H.P. University must produce Migration Certificate in original.
- Those who have passed I yr./ II yr. of a degree course from University other than H.P. University will have to acquire equivalence certificate of H.P. University course/syllabi from H.P. University Shimla.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination can get admission in the Ist year of three years degree course of B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. if he/she fulfills the following eligibility conditions:
- An applicant must not be more than 23 years of age (25 yrs. in case of girl students) on 1-07-11. The upper age limit is relax able by three years for SC/ST candidates.
- Minimum percentage of marks for admission to the Ist year of B.A. / B.Com. is as under :
- B.A.I 33%
- B.Com.I 45%
- (40% for boys and 33% for girls who have passed +2 examinations under commerce group)
- If a candidate intends to take up Mathematics in B.A. I he/she should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level and secured either 45% marks in Mathematics or 50% marks in aggregate.
- An applicant seeking admission in B.Com. I year must have passed 10+2 in commerce or should have studied Mathematics/Economics as compulsory subject at 10+2 level.
- In case of S.C. and S.T. candidates the minimum percentage of marks for admission to B.Com. I is relax able by 5%
- Students coming from vocational streams without Mathematics/Economics/Biology as the case may be can be admitted if they possess the required minimum percentage for admission.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE ADMISSION FORM
- Photostat (Attested) copies of School Board/University Certificates from Matriculation onwards.
- Original copy of the character certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- The candidate who has passed previous examination from another University/Board must submit:
- Eligibility Certificate from H.P. University /Board declaring equivalence.
- Migration Certificate from Board/University from which they have passed the previous Examination (photo copies).
- Detailed Marks Sheet.
- Admission without these documents will be purely provisional and at the candidates own risk and responsibility and the Principal’s discretion.
- Three copies of passport size photograph and one copy of stamp size photograph.
- S.C./S.T. Certificates from the Magistrate (first class) for those seeking weight age or relaxation.
- All original certificates, marks sheets must be produced at the time of admission/ interview
- For admission to the Ist year the candidate must submit duly filled registration/enrolment from along with attested photocopies of Matriculation and 10+2 class certificates.
- Photocopy of AADHAR CARD.
- All girl candidates have to submit a copy of Bonafide Himachal Certificate to avail the benefit of relaxation from tuition fee as per government notification number E.D.N.-H(8)3(7)1/76 dated 29-6-2001.
- Students seeking admission in first year must submit two copies each of matriculation and 10+2 certificate.